Monday, April 1, 2013

29 years ago, a father killed his son

It's been 29 years since legendary singer Marvin Gaye was shot and killed by his father—Sunday, April 1, 1984. I had met Marvin, in (of all places) Omaha, Nebraska yet I was in Los Angeles on a business trip when I heard the news. Our "acquaintanceship" was very new as we had just met in October and it was still very positive. Several months after his death, I dreamed about Marvin. As I ran my fingers across the bullet holes, his skin was translucent with a cool, smooth marble feel to it. In this dream, we talked about his life and I asked, "If you had it to do all over again, what would you do differently?" His answer was, "I didn't trust enough." After our dream conversation, I experienced an incredible, tranquil feeling of peace where the peace and I actually became one. I had always been a worrier, ridden with anxiety. But in this instance, I was suspended in peace; peace was all around me and in me and over me and upon me. I did not have a care in the world and I truly could have stayed where I was forever. After the dream was over, it felt as if an angel gently woke me up to tell me that he would be okay. I sat up, awake, calm, and continued to bask in the residuals of the peace.

I recently spoke to a friend with health challenges who had a similar feeling of peace which helped to remove any fear of death. We shared our experiences like two excited children on a discovery.

That feeling of peace began the search that guided me to Christianity. Though I vividly remember the experience 29 years later, I have not been able to duplicate it. I still worry (the reason I meditate), no doubt because I don't trust enough. However, the experience keeps my mind open to tenets of quantum physics where other worlds exist. Some would call this world heaven, where peace reigns. It gives a more pronounced meaning to the words, "rest in peace."

I wanted to suggest a video of the universe but could not find the one I really wanted. I came across this one that gives a quantum physics perspective on the biggest galaxy to the smallest atom by the National Geographic Channel. Hope you enjoy (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/videos/the-biggest-and-smallest/)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment